Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Sibling's Perspective

Having a sister with disabilities is hard. There is the frustration, the denial and finally there is acceptance. I am very close to her and I would do anything to make her happier.
Dealing with the prejudice is difficult to cope with because kids use discriminating words to describe people like her. Also, I know that our Friend upstairs (way upstairs) wanted this to happen so I don't question him. Its hard to grasp what she will grow up to be like in future years; however, I do know she will be happy.
By Kevin Kelly
12 Years Old
(Meghan Kelly's Big Brother)








1 comment:

  1. Dear Kevin, it is so impressive how smart and caring you are at 12 years old. You're so right about your sister. You both have the most amazing gift...each other. I'm proud to know you young man, and your entire family.

    All my best,
    Robert P

    ReplyDelete